Bromley Go-Ride Racing League code of conduct
Bromley Go-Ride Racing League aims to provides a fun and safe introduction to cycle racing for young riders. All race events are run in accordance with British Cycling’s Go Ride Racing rules. In addition to these rules, our code of conduct (below) provides clear guidance on acceptable behaviour for riders, parents and supporters.
We expect all riders to:
- Arrive for racing events in good time to register and take part in warm up and briefing activities.
- Wear suitable clothing (including a helmet) for all race events.
- Play by the rules
- Respect the decisions of event officials, and obey any instructions given by officials..
- Be a good sport by applauding all good performances – both club-mates and opponents.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants.
- Treat all participants in cycling as they would like to be treated.
- Cooperate with the coaches, helpers, club-mates and opponents.
- Thank officials and opponents after competitions.
We expect parents, carers and other supporters to:
- Ensure your child arrives for racing events in good time to to register and take part in warm up and briefing activities.
- Discourage unfair play and arguing with officials.
- Help their child to recognise good performances, not just results.
- Set a good example by praising fair play and applauding all good performances.
- Never punish or chastise a child for losing or making mistakes.
- Support their child’s involvement and help them to enjoy their cycling.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every young person.
- Show appreciation and respect for the coaches and officials.
- Ensure your child’s bike is in good mechanical order, for the safety of your child and other members.
The Bromley Go-Ride Racing League reserves the right to issue a written warning, demote, suspend, or exclude from future events any rider, parent or supporter who is deemed by the organisers to be in breach of this code of conduct.